In this episode, Ali and Karly talk with the wonderful Bridgit Danner, LAc, FDNP about fertility issues and using Chinese medicine to support people who are trying to conceive. Bridgit practiced Chinese medicine for 13 years and is a certified Functional Diagnostic Nutrition practitioner. She became passionate about women’s health and fertility after her own difficult postpartum period. She currently runs an online women’s health community called Women’s Wellness Collaborative and has her own podcast, Women’s Wellness Radio. Here’s an overview of what she shared with the Birth Kweens in this episode:
- How infertility is viewed from a Chinese medicine perspective and how that differs from the perspective of western medicine
- Some of the Chinese medicine techniques used to treat infertility
- How acupuncture can be used in conjunction with western fertility treatments like IUI and IVF to increase the chances of success
- The role that Functional Diagnostic Nutrition can play in treating infertility
- The impacts of stress on fertility
- The mental and emotional impact that infertility can have on people who are TTC and the importance of getting support throughout that process
- How reducing inflammation can help with infertility
If you’re interested in signing up for Bridgit’s Perfect Periods course, click here. (This is a great resource for anyone struggling with infertility, heavy or irregular periods, and PMS – it’s not to be missed!)
If you’d like to receive Bridgit’s free fertility eBook, click here.
If you’d like to receive the series of interviews with fertility experts featured in Bridgit’s Fertility Week Series, go to the homepage of her website, scroll down until you see “Fertility Week” on the right hand side, and input your contact info.
Did you like this episode? Please subscribe, rate, review, and share!
The Birth Kweens get down to the nitty gritty of pregnancy, birth, postpartum, and women’s health. For more from us, visit birthkweens.com. Follow us on Instagram @BirthKweens and email us at email@example.com with your questions, suggestions and feedback.