In this special bonus episode of Birth Kweens, Karly and Ali talk with Sera Bonds, the founder and CEO of the incredible aid organization Circle of Health International. Sera is an activist committed to working towards balancing the scales of access, equity, and availability in women’s reproductive healthcare. She has training in midwifery, a Bachelor of Arts degree in Women’s Studies, and a Masters Degree in Public Health. The Birth Kweens had her on the show to talk about the amazing work that Circle of Health International is doing all over the world and to encourage people to support their efforts. Here’s an overview of what you’ll hear in this episode:
- Sera’s background and how she ended up starting Circle of Health International
- How and why the midwifery model of care is a central tenant to the way that COHI operates
- How COHI differs from most other aid organizations
- Stories about various aid projects, both past and present – where COHI got involved, how they helped, and why it was successful
Not only is this organization doing incredible work, but they’re doing it in a culturally sensitive way that places high value on the needs and perspectives of the community that they’re serving. The Birth Kweens are huge supporters of COHI and its unique, women-centered approach to aid work. We know that resources are limited for many people, but if you are able please consider supporting Circle of Health International in one of the following ways:
- If you’d like to donate money to support COHI, click here
- If you’d like to donate supplies, click here
- If you’re interested in getting involved with COHI as a volunteer, click here
- More information about the In Her Shoes Campaign and the Go the Distance Campaign
Did you like this episode? Please subscribe, rate, review, and share!
The Birth Kweens get down to the nitty gritty of pregnancy, birth, postpartum, and women’s health. For more from us, visit birthkweens.com. Follow us on Instagram @BirthKweens and email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions, suggestions and feedback.