In today’s episode we’re talking with Maria Pokluda about placenta encapsulation. Maria is a doula, childbirth educator, and placenta encapsulator who teaches encapsulation workshops through her training organization, BEST Placenta. In this episode we discuss:
- The history of placenta consumption
- A book about the topic – Placenta: The Forgotten Chakra
- The existing data on placenta consumption
- The benefits, risks, and contraindications of consuming your placenta
- What’s contained in the placenta and the benefits of those active ingredients
- The difference between placenta pills and tincture and how a tincture can be used long term
- The different methods of preparing a placenta for encapsulation
- Storage recommendations for placenta pills and tinctures
- The average number of pills people get
- Maria’s recommended dosing schedule
- A discussion about the CDC’s warning against placenta consumption
- Questions to ask your placenta encapsulators
- Click here to get more info about Maria’s placenta trainings
SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS!
Get a monthly subscription box from KiwiCo and do some fun, hands-on STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art, and math) projects with your kids! Pick the box that’s right for you by going to KiwiCo.com/KWEENS. Your first month is free on select crates!
Treat yourself to some amazing skincare products from OSEA Malibu. Go to www.OSEAMalibu.com/birthkweens for $10 off your first purchase of $50 or more. Free shipping for US orders over $75 and free samples with every order!
Sign up for a subscription with Ritual Vitamins today! Get your daily multivitamin or prenatal delivered right to your door by visiting Ritual.com/kweens. Use the promo code KWEENS at checkout for 10% off during your first 3 months!
If you liked this episode of the Birth Kweens Podcast, tell your friends! And go to iTunes, Stitcher, GooglePlay, and Spotify to rate/review/subscribe to the show. For more from us, visit www.BirthKweens.com to sign up for our newsletter. Follow us on Instagram @BirthKweens, join our Facebook group the Birth Kweens Podcast Community, and email us at [email protected] with your questions, suggestions and feedback.