This episode of Birth Kweens features the amazing Nicole Jardim, The Period Girl! Nicole is a Certified Women’s Health Coach and the creator of Fix Your Period which is a series of programs that empower women to reclaim their hormone health using a method that combines simplicity and sass. Her incredible work has impacted the lives of thousands of women around the world in effectively addressing issues like PMS, PCOS, infertility, amenorrhea, and many more. Nicole is also the co-host of The Period Party, a top-rated podcast on iTunes—be sure to tune into that if you want to learn more about how to fix your period—and she’s the co-creator of the Institute for Integrative Nutrition’s hormone health continuing education course. Nicole was generous enough to take time out of her busy schedule to chat with the Birth Kweens about all things menstruation! Here’s an overview of what you’ll hear about in this episode:
- Nicole’s background and how her own period problems led her down the career path that she’s on now
- The issues that can arise for women as a result of taking the birth control pill
- The multitude of women’s health issues that can be addressed through Nicole’s Fix Your Period program, such as severe PMS symptoms, heavy or painful periods, irregular cycles, infertility, PCOS, endometriosis, and so much more!
- Why having balanced hormones is essential, even if you aren’t worried about your fertility!
- The unique fertility challenges that postpartum women face and how the commonly prescribed mini pill might be doing more harm than good
- A few hilariously embarrassing period stories
- Some relatively simple diet and lifestyle changes that can drastically improve hormone health (and overall quality of life!)
If you are interested in signing up for Nicole’s amazing Fix Your Period program, click here! And be sure to follow Nicole on Instagram and Facebook to stay up to date with all of her amazing work!
Did you like this episode? Please subscribe, rate, review, and share!
The Birth Kweens get down to the nitty gritty of pregnancy, birth, postpartum, and women’s health. For more from us, visit birthkweens.com. Follow us on Instagram @BirthKweens and email us at email@example.com with your questions, suggestions and feedback.