In this episode of the Birth Kweens Podcast, Karly and Ali sit down with Monet Combs to discuss elimination communication (EC). Monet is a doula and certified Go Diaper Free coach in San Diego, CA. She has both personal and professional experience with EC and she shares her infinite wisdom with the Kweens! Here’s an overview of what you’ll hear about in this episode:
- What exactly is elimination communication?
- How to decide whether EC is right for your family
- Common misconceptions about EC, including how EC doesn’t have to make your life more difficult (and, in fact, if it IS making your life harder, then you’re doing it wrong!)
- The difference between EC and potty training and how EC-based techniques can be used to help kids older than 18 months who are potty training
- Monet’s personal journey with EC – when she started it with her daughter and what it’s been like for them.
- How a baby communicates their need to go to the bathroom and how their care takers can learn those cues
- The practical steps involved with learning and implementing EC with your baby
- How working families can incorporate EC into their lives
- The environmental benefits of EC
- Products mentioned on this episode:
- If you’re interested in reading Go Diaper Free by Andrea Olson (aka – the ‘bible’ of EC), click here. (**this is for babies 0-18 months)
- Click here to read The Tiny Potty Training Book by Andrea Olson (**for kids 18 months and up)
- If you want to buy the Potette Plus, click here
- You can find the Baby Throne (a seat reducer for infants) here
- Click here to find the top hat potty and tiny trainers baby underwear
- Buy the squatty potty for babies (aka – the Squattypottymus) here
- If you’d like to check out Monet’s website to learn more about her consultation services or sign up for her upcoming “Intro to EC” class, click here.
Thanks for listening to another episode of the Birth Kweens Podcast! As always, we’d love to hear from you so shoot us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or reach out to us on Instagram (@birthkweens) to give us your feedback about this episode and share your own experience with EC. Cheers, kweens!
Did you like this episode? Please subscribe, rate, review, and share!
The Birth Kweens get down to the nitty gritty of pregnancy, birth, postpartum, and women’s health. For more from us, visit birthkweens.com. Follow us on Instagram @BirthKweens and email us at email@example.com with your questions, suggestions and feedback.