This episode of Birth Kweens features Lindsey Bliss of Carriage House Birth. Lindsey is a doula, mom of 7 (including TWO sets of twins!), co-director of Carriage House Birth, and author of the amazing new book The Doula’s Guide to Empowering Your Birth. Here’s what she and the Kweens talked about in this episode:
- A brief overview of Lindsey’s first few births and how her experiences led her to become a birth worker
- How she manages being a mom to 7 and an active birth worker (spoiler alert: it’s all about having a support network and embracing the mayhem!)
- How Lindsey’s identity and sense of self shifted when she became a mom, especially since, for much of her life, she didn’t think she’d have any children (much less 7 of them!)
- Why it’s so important to Lindsey to be authentic and speak candidly about birth and parenthood
- What it’s been like for Lindsey to navigate the physical and emotional changes brought about by pregnancy and birth
- Why reproductive justice and equal access to health care for marginalized groups are such important issues and what Lindsey’s doing to shed light on these topics
- Click here to buy Lindsey’s new book (and here to follow the amazing artist, Stepha Lawson, who illustrated the book)
- Click here to get more info about the Carriage House Birth doula trainings
- Follow Lindsey on Instagram at @doulabliss and follow Carriage House Birth at @carriagehousebirth.
Support our sponsor! Order your own FemmyCycle menstrual cup today by going to www.FemmyCycle.com/BirthKweens and entering the code “kweens” at checkout. You get 10% off your order plus free shipping! YAS KWEEN!
If you liked this episode of the Birth Kweens Podcast, tell your friends! And go to iTunes, Stitcher, GooglePlay, and Spotify to rate/review/subscribe to the show. For more from us, visit www.BirthKweens.com to sign up for our newsletter. Follow us on Instagram @BirthKweens, join our Facebook group the Birth Kweens Podcast Community, and email us at [email protected] with your questions, suggestions and feedback. Also, be sure to click here so that you can support the show while doing your regular Amazon shopping!