**TRIGGER WARNING: Miscarriage and pregnancy loss
In this episode of Birth Kweens, Karly and Ali discuss miscarriage, specifically the physical and medical aspects of the experience. Here’s an overview of what’s covered:
- What exactly is a miscarriage and how is it different than a stillbirth?
- The different types of miscarriages (obvious miscarriage, missed miscarriage, chemical pregnancy, incomplete miscarriage, ectopic pregnancy) and what happens in each scenario
- Some statistics on miscarriage – how common it is, when it usually occurs, etc.
- The signs of a miscarriage
- What to do if you think you’re having a miscarriage
- What to expect during a miscarriage, and how this is dependent upon the gestation of the pregnancy
- The role of medical interventions/tools in miscarriage and when these medications/procedures are usually used
- Potential complications of miscarriage
- Risk factors for miscarriage
- Known causes of miscarriage
- The things that DO NOT cause miscarriage (but are often blamed for it happening)
- How to care for yourself after having a miscarriage, including physical changes to be aware of/monitor
- A few words about treating chronic miscarriages
- What to expect with your first period after a miscarriage
- The study Karly mentioned about whether people should wait a certain amount of time after a miscarriage before trying to conceive again
If you liked this episode of the Birth Kweens Podcast, tell your friends! And go to iTunes, Stitcher, GooglePlay, and Spotify to rate/review/subscribe to the show. For more from us, visit www.BirthKweens.com to sign up for our newsletter. Follow us on Instagram @BirthKweens, join our Facebook group the Birth Kweens Podcast Community, and email us at email@example.com with your questions, suggestions and feedback. Also, be sure to click here so that you can support the show while doing your regular Amazon shopping!