In the final episode in our series on preparing for your birth, we go over how to prepare for the postpartum period and what to expect once your baby is outside of your body!
Here’s what we covered:
- What’s normal and what’s not when it comes to postpartum bleeding
- Perineal care, especially if you required stitches
- The best natural and conventional methods to use for pain management
- What a peri bottle is and why you need one
- Postpartum belly issues and remedies including belly binding, abdominal massage, and getting your digestion back to normal
- The different causes of pelvic pain and discomfort, and how to know if what you’re feeling is normal
- All about mood disorders – both during and after pregnancy – and what to do about them
- The ins and outs of breastfeeding and our favorite resources
- What to expect from your newborn baby including breathing, bathing, umbilical cords, funky skin things, and more.
Resources/Products Mentioned in this Episode:
- Sitz Bath
- Earth Mama Angel Baby Postpartum Sitz Bath Herbs
- Earth Momma Angel Baby Bottom Spray
- Dermoplast Pain Relieving Spray
- Scar Away C-Section Scar Treatment Strips
- Ibuprofen and turmeric supplements for postpartum pain
- Heating pad
- Peri Bottle
- Bezwecken HemStad
- Postpartum belly wrap
- Edinburgh Postnatal Depression Scale
- Ina May’s Guide to Breastfeeding by Ina May Gaskin
- The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding
- Breastfeeding Made Simple
- kellymom.com – amazing resource for all things breastfeeding!
- Latch Assist
- Nipple Shield
- Boppy Nursing Pillow
- My Breast Friend Breastfeeding Pillow
- Nursing pads
- Lansinoh Lanolin Nipple Cream
- Earth Momma Angel Baby Nipple Butter
- Lansinoh Soothies Gel Pads for Sore Nipples
- Medela Soft Shells for Sore Nipples
- Information on mastitis from KellyMom
Did you like this episode? Please subscribe, rate, review and share!
The Birth Kweens get down to the nitty gritty of pregnancy, birth, postpartum, and women’s health. For more from us, visit birthkweens.com. Follow us on Instagram @BirthKweens and email us at email@example.com with your questions, suggestions and feedback.