In this episode, we’re talking to Jaren Soloff, RD, CLEabout food and nutrition in the postpartum period and beyond. Jaren is a San Diego based Registered Dietitian and is currently obtaining her clinical hours to receive her credential as an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) through the University of California, San Diego. With specialized training in treating eating disorders and prenatal/perinatal health, Jaren works with women on all areas of the reproductive spectrum from preconception to postpartum. Jaren’s practice is rooted in compassion and evidenced based practices to support all women’s innate ability to birth, breastfeed and nourish themselves and their children with confidence. Here’s an overview of what’s covered in this episode:
- Jaren’s background and how she got into the fields of nutrition and lactation
- Exploration of the term ‘intuitive eating’
- Nutrition-related challenges in the postpartum period, including some of the most common nutrition/weight/body image struggles that people face during this time.
- How breastfeeding can impact nutritional needs and one’s relationship with food.
- What a difficult breastfeeding journey can do to someone’s body image and relationship with food.
- Supporting women who’ve struggled with an eating disorder(s) through the postpartum period.
- How to raise intuitive eaters, including practical examples of how to encourage positive food relationships for children.
- Resources recommended by Jaren:
- Click here to get in touch with Jaren
If you liked this episode of the Birth Kweens Podcast, tell your friends! And go to iTunes, Stitcher, GooglePlay, and Spotify to rate/review/subscribe to the show. For more from us, visit www.BirthKweens.com to sign up for our newsletter. Follow us on Instagram @BirthKweens, join our Facebook group the Birth Kweens Podcast Community, and email us at email@example.com with your questions, suggestions and feedback. Also, be sure to click here so that you can support the show while doing your regular Amazon shopping!