In this week’s episode of Birth Kweens, Karly and Ali talk with acupuncturist and massage therapist Ryan Lee about healing from a cesarean birth. Ryan has lots of experience with scar tissue remediation so Karly and Ali interview him about the impacts of c-section scar tissue and ways to heal from a surgical birth. Here’s an overview of the high points of this episode:
- What is scar tissue and why can it be harmful
- The abnormal lines of pull that result from cesarean scars and the impact on the rest of the body
- The function of fascia
- The symptoms/issues that can result from cesarean scar tissue
- The healing power of deep diaphragmatic breathing
- Ways to treat c-section scars and how doing scar tissue remediation can improve seemingly unrelated issues in the rest of the body
- The essential role that nutrition plays in postpartum healing
- Using castor oil packs and essential oils to aid in healing
Thanks for listening, Kweens! We hope you enjoy learning more about healing c-section scars. (Also, we are sorry about the sub-par quality of this week’s audio. Your Birth Kweens are podcast amateurs and are still trying to work out the bugs in the system. Thanks for sticking with us!)
Did you like this episode? Please subscribe, rate, review, and share!
The Birth Kweens get down to the nitty gritty of pregnancy, birth, postpartum, and women’s health. For more from us, visit birthkweens.com. Follow us on Instagram @BirthKweens and email us at email@example.com with your questions, suggestions and feedback.