SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR!
Sign up for a Fab Fit Fun box today! Enter code KWEENS for $10 off your first box!
Dr. Nicole Calloway Rankins is a wife, mother of two girls, OB/GYN physician, podcast host, women’s health advocate and certified integrative health coach. She works as a Labor & Delivery hospitalist in Virginia and came on the show to talk with us about how to have an empowered hospital birth. Here’s what you’ll hear about in this epiode:
- Rankin’s background and how she ended up as an OB hospitalist and passionate women’s health advocate
- What a hospitalist is, how they differ from the typical physician’s model of care, and the pros/cons to the hospitalist model
- How a family can set themselves up to have an empowered hospital birth experience (the importance of good prenatal education, how to communicate with hospital staff, etc.)
- How to make a positive connection between care provider and family when the first time they’re meeting is in labor
- Some tips on how to stand up for yourself when faced with an unsupportive or abusive care provider
- Click here to check out Nicole’s online childbirth education course
- Click here to contact Nicole
If you liked this episode of the Birth Kweens Podcast, tell your friends! And go to iTunes, Stitcher, GooglePlay, and Spotify to rate/review/subscribe to the show. For more from us, visit www.BirthKweens.com to sign up for our newsletter. Follow us on Instagram @BirthKweens, join our Facebook group the Birth Kweens Podcast Community, and email us at [email protected] with your questions, suggestions and feedback. Also, be sure to click here so that you can support the show while doing your regular Amazon shopping!