SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS!
Get a great personalized gift from Swanky Badger. Enter code KWEENS at checkout for 10% off!
Sign up for a subscription with Ritual Vitamins today! Get your daily multivitamin or prenatal delivered right to your door by visiting Ritual.com/kweens. Use the code KWEENS for 10% off during your first 3 months!
Lauren Robbins is a mental health therapist in the Twin Cities, Minnesota. She is a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, a Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor, and a Certified Perinatal Mental Health Provider. She founded a holistic mental health clinic, Wild Tree Psychotherapy, four years ago, but has used mind-body approaches to care in practice for far longer. She specializes in treating trauma and perinatal mood and anxiety disorders, frequently using EMDR and Brainspottting to treat clients. She entered the birth field over six year ago when expecting her first child, led by personal interest, which quickly transformed into professional pursuits. Here’s what we talked about with Lauren in this episode:
- Lauren’s background, including how she came to specialize in PMADs
- What a PMAD is and what disorders fall under that heading
- Signs and symptoms of PMADs
- The incidence of the various PMADs
- The difference between baby blues and a diagnosable PMAD
- Treatment options for PMADs
- The timeframe of PMADs (when they tend to present, when to begin treatment, etc.)
- Click here to check out the website for Postpartum Support International
- Edinburgh Postnatal Depression Scale (via Perinatology.com)
- Lauren’s list of recommended books:
- The Happiest Mommy You Know by Genevieve Shaw Brown
- Birth Your Story by Jaime Fleres
- Heal Your Birth Story by Maureen Campion
- The First Forty Days by Heng Ou
- Sexy Mamas by Kathy Winks & Anne Semens
- Breathe, Mama, Breathe by Shonda Moralis
- This Isn’t What I Expected by Karen Kleiman
- The Postpartum Husband by Karen Kleiman
- And Baby Makes Three by John Gottman
- Babyproofing Your Marriage by Cockrell, O’Neill & Stone
- Daring Greatly by Brene Brown
- Rising Strong by Brene Brown
- Braving the Wilderness by Brene Brown
- Loving My Actual Life by Alexandra Kuykendall
- How to Not Hate Your Husband After Kids by Jancee Dunn
If you liked this episode of the Birth Kweens Podcast, tell your friends! And go to iTunes, Stitcher, GooglePlay, and Spotify to rate/review/subscribe to the show. For more from us, visit www.BirthKweens.com to sign up for our newsletter. Follow us on Instagram @BirthKweens, join our Facebook group the Birth Kweens Podcast Community, and email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions, suggestions and feedback. Also, be sure to click here so that you can support the show while doing your regular Amazon shopping!