SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR!
Treat yourself to a beautiful piece of jewelry from Ana Luisa! Go to www.AnaLuisa.com/BirthKweens and enter code BIRTHKWEENS10 at checkout to get $10 off your order!
In part two of our water birth series, we’re exploring more of the facts on water birth. Here’s what you’ll hear about in this episode:
- A brief history of water birth
- Benefits of laboring and birthing in water
- Common concerns about the safety of water birth (and whether these concerns are legitimate)
- The actual risks associated with water birth
- Discussion on why most OBs/hospitals don’t support water birth
- Whether water birth impacts a newborn’s microbiome
- Managing emergencies like hemorrhage and newborn resuscitation in the water
- The logistics of water birth – getting a tub, filling/emptying it, when to get in during labor, etc.
- Click here to read the Evidence Based Birth article on waterbirth
- Click here to check out the Waterbirth International website
- Click here to read the Evidence Based Birth article on whether water birth impacts a newborn’s microbiome
If you liked this episode of the Birth Kweens Podcast, tell your friends! And go to iTunes, Stitcher, GooglePlay, and Spotify to rate/review/subscribe to the show. For more from us, visit www.BirthKweens.com to sign up for our newsletter. Follow us on Instagram @BirthKweens, join our Facebook group the Birth Kweens Podcast Community, and email us at email@example.com with your questions, suggestions and feedback. Also, be sure to click here so that you can support the show while doing your regular Amazon shopping!