Robin Kaplan, M.Ed., IBCLC is a lactation consultant in San Diego, CA. She started the San Diego Breastfeeding Center in 2009 and is the author of a new book, Latch: A Handbook for Breastfeeding with Confidence at Every Stage. She recently launched an online course Breastfeeding for the Working Family (use code BIRTHKWEENS15 for $15 off). Here’s an overview of what’s covered in this episode:
- Some common mental, emotional, and logistical concerns of breastfeeding parents regarding going back to work
- How/when to prepare for going back to work while breastfeeding. (Click here to get Robin’s guide for going back to work)
- Why it’s important to make friends with your breast pump and considerations when getting yourself on a pumping schedule
- Introducing your baby to a bottle, and what to do if they’re having trouble taking one
- Video about baby led bottle feeding
- Some info about the legal protections for breastfeeding/pumping in America, including the websites Robin mentions, Break Time for Nursing Mothers and Supporting Nursing Moms at Work
- Click here to listen to Robin’s first interview with us about how to set yourself up for success with breastfeeding
- Click here to listen to Robin’s second interview about feeding a baby with tongue/lip ties
- Click here to buy Robin’s book!
- Click here to sign up for Robin’s new online course, Breastfeeding for the Working Family and use the code BIRTHKWEENS15 at checkout for $15 off.
If you liked this episode of the Birth Kweens Podcast, tell your friends! And go to iTunes, Stitcher, GooglePlay, and Spotify to rate/review/subscribe to the show. For more from us, visit www.BirthKweens.com to sign up for our newsletter. Follow us on Instagram @BirthKweens, join our Facebook group the Birth Kweens Podcast Community, and email us at [email protected] with your questions, suggestions and feedback. Also, be sure to click here so that you can support the show while doing your regular Amazon shopping!