SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR!
Sign up for a subscription with Ritual Vitamins today! Get your daily multivitamin or prenatal delivered right to your door by visiting Ritual.com/kweens. Use the promo code KWEENS at checkout for 10% off during your first 3 months!
In this episode we’re talking about the amazing PLACENTA! Here’s an overview of what we cover, including the various resources we refer to:
- The general structure and function of the placenta
- Great article with in-depth explanation of the structure of placenta, including how/when it develops, blood flow patterns, etc.
- When in pregnancy that the placenta develops
- Typical size and various shapes of placentas
- Info about the umbilical cord – size, length, insertion into the placenta, abnormalities, etc.
- Info about circumvallate placentas
- Info about circummarginate placentas
- A good visual aid to see the difference between normal, circumvallate, and circummarginate placentas
- Where the placenta can implant in to the uterus
- Article from Spinning Babies about how an anterior placenta may impact fetal position
- Delivery of the placenta – when, how, what it usually feels like, and what to do if there are issues with this part of the birth
- Article about the different approaches to managing the third stage of labor (aka the delivery of the placenta)
- Issues with the placenta, including placenta previa, placental abruption, retained placenta, and abnormalities of implantation (i.e. accreta, increta, percreta)
- Signs of placental aging and what you can do to keep yours healthy
- Article on placenta encapsulation from Evidence Based Birth
If you liked this episode of the Birth Kweens Podcast, tell your friends! And go to iTunes, Stitcher, GooglePlay, and Spotify to rate/review/subscribe to the show. For more from us, visit www.BirthKweens.com to sign up for our newsletter. Follow us on Instagram @BirthKweens, join our Facebook group the Birth Kweens Podcast Community, and email us at email@example.com with your questions, suggestions and feedback. Also, be sure to click here so that you can support the show while doing your regular Amazon shopping!