SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR!
Get a great personalized gift from Swanky Badger. Enter code KWEENS at checkout for 10% off!
Dr. Aliza Cicerone, ND FABNO is a naturopathic doctor with a practice in San Diego, CA. She specializes in oncology and came on the show to talk with us about using naturopathic/holistic treatments for breast cancer. Here’s an overview of what’s covered in this interview:
- Cicerone’s background and how she became an ND and decided to specialize in oncology
- The difference between an MD and an ND
- The risk profile for breast cancer – how many women will develop it in their lifetime and how risk increases with age
- Risk factors for developing breast cancer and how to mitigate that risk
- Breast cancer prevention and early diagnosis. The importance of doing self-breast exams and some other lifestyle factors to consider.
- How naturopathic treatment can be used alongside western medicine to treat breast cancer
- Preventative screenings, including info about mammograms.
- Click here to visit the website for the Oncology Association of Naturopathic Physicians
- Click here to contact/work with Dr. Cicerone
If you liked this episode of the Birth Kweens Podcast, tell your friends! And go to iTunes, Stitcher, GooglePlay, and Spotify to rate/review/subscribe to the show. For more from us, visit www.BirthKweens.com to sign up for our newsletter. Follow us on Instagram @BirthKweens, join our Facebook group the Birth Kweens Podcast Community, and email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions, suggestions and feedback. Also, be sure to click hereso that you can support the show while doing your regular Amazon shopping!